With an introductory offer, the Manor House and Ashbury Hotels in Devon with 99 holes of golf and an abundance of facilities to enjoy, is likely to take your fancy.
Located near Okehampton in and set in over 600 acres of beautiful countryside at the foothills of the Dartmoor National Park are the Manor House and Ashbury hotels.
With its four 18-hole golf courses for the more experienced golfers, an 18-hole par-3 course that’s ideal for beginners, plus another 27-hole combination course of three separate 9 holes, there’s something on offer for every golfer.
It’s possible to walk to the 1st tee of each golf course from the hotel, although guests are recommended to use buggies on some of the courses that extend away from the complex, plus this helps the speed of play.
The Kigbeare is the most popular course, with a nice mixture of tree-lined fairways and well-placed hazards that bring your best game tactics into play. The par-3 3rd is visually stunning and often described as the best hole on the complex.
The Oakwood course gives golfers the opportunity to score well if they can manage to avoid the many water hazards, and as the name suggests, the Pines offers a different challenge - you simply need to keep the ball straight.
The two hotels are just two miles apart and offer comfortable accommodation with a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The Ashbury is more suitable for a group of golfers as the Manor House is more family orientated, housing both the water slides and a craft centre.
The Manor House & Ashbury Golf Hotel have also invested heavily in making their product as accessible as possible over the winter months so that golfers can enjoy golf all year round.
Focusing on improving the course over the winter, the club has invested heavily in:
- New aeration machinery to improve drainage and increase oxygen to the fairways and greens
- New cylinder cutting machines to better adjust cutting heights to suit the conditions, reducing the amount of rough on the course (and hopefully lost balls!)
- Adding 3G turf as walk-on areas around the greens to limit the damage to the surrounding areas and create a clear, dry path
- Improving buggy paths
Other facilities available to guests, FREE OF CHARGE, include:
- 11 tennis courts, 12 badminton courts, 13 bowls rinks, 28 snooker tables, 10 lanes of ten pin, 3 swimming pools, 5 target ranges featuring archery, air rifles, air pistols and laser shooting, team sports, dance and exercise classes and much more!
- 2 unique craft centres offer 17 tutored crafts including pottery, glass engraving, hot press printing and woodwork - all tutoring is FREE so you only pay minimal material costs.
- PLUS enjoy FREE use of our state of the art Hydro Spas throughout your stay. With saunas, steam rooms, hydro pools, relaxation loungers and more you‘ll find it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day of activities. And why stop there? Treat yourself to a choice of over 20 health and beauty treatments including hot stones massage, facials and manicures.
Plenty to see and do
- The renowned Eden Project is only an hour’s drive away
- Guided walks, horse riding and pony trekking on Dartmoor National Park
- Local fishing lakes
- Rock climbing and abseiling in Okehampton
As an introductory offer, the Ashbury Hotel is delighted to offer you 10% off your first break with them. Simply use your exclusive discount code: GOLF 19 Offer expires 31 July 2019
For more information visit: Manorhousehotel.co.uk